Origin and history
La Reine (The Queen's) dragoons was raised in September 1673 by the knight of Hocquincourt. His death in the combat of Gamhurst on 23 July 1675 allowed to the King to take on this regiment. On 31 July it was given to the Queen Marie Thérèse of Austria .
During the seven years war the colonel-lieutenant were: Thomas Charles, count of Morand, he possessed this office since 1748 and on 1st December 1762 he sold it to Emmanuel François of Grossoles, count of Flammarens which preserved it until 1780.
Service during the Seven Years War
During all the war the regiment ensured the safety of the Guyenne and Flanders coasts.
Distinctive of uniforms and saddle cloth
1750 ordonnance: red coat. Blue lining,
cuffs and waistcoat. Buttonholes and buttons in 2. Red
housing and holster-caps edged with the Queen's livery
braid. Epaulet and sabre-strap in the same colours. Red
fatigue cap, blue turn-up edged with the Queen's livery
Drummers and oboes
Drummers wore the Queen's livery: red ground colour, blue lining and cuffs. The coat laced with a large blue velvet braid on which a double white lace crossed in chain, forming a similar design that of the King's livery. (see above the housing colours)
Red flags, each side sown with gold fleur-de-lis, on obverse gold sun in splendor with the Royal motto on a scroll with red background, blue lining and the silver words "NEC PLURIBUS IMPAR" and on reverse two escutcheons joined together, the right shield with the arms of France ( blue background with three gold fleur-de-lis ) and the left shield with the arms of Queen Marie Leczinska of Poland ( ), gold crowned, framed with gold palms linked with a blue ribbon, fringed with alternated gold and silver fringes coupons.