Origin and history
This regiment was raised in October 1676 at the expense of the Languedoc States for the safeguard of coasts. In 1787 it was transformed in chasseurs du Languedoc and took the 6th rank.
During the seven years war mestre of camp lieutenant was the count of Barrin of The Galissonnière since 1748 untill 1st December 1762.
Service during the Seven Years War
The regiment remained in France from 1756 to 1760 on Normandie coast, stationed at Avranche in 1757 and at Rennes in 1759, in 1760 joined the army of Germany where it participated in the two last campaigns of the seven years war.
Distinctive of uniforms and saddle cloth
1750 ordonnance : blue coat, waistcoat and lining. Red cuffs. Buttons and buttonholes of the coat in 2, 4 buttons on the pocket and 4 on the cuff. Red housing and holster-caps edged with a blue and white wool braid. Mixed blue and withe epaulet and sabre-strap. Red fatigue cap and turn-up, laced as the housing.
1757 ordonnance (E.M. 1759-1760): blue coat, waistcoat andlining. Red cuffs. Buttons and buttonholes of the coat in 2. Waistcoat with red lapel or flap
Drummers and oboes
Drummers to the livery of the King.
Flags, blue obverse with gold fleurs-de-lis, gold sun in splendor with the Royal motto on a scroll with red background, blue lining and the silver words "NEC PLURIBUS IMPAR" , yellow reverse with in the middle the arms of the Languedoc: gules (red), gold cross pommee, surrounded by silver laurels, gold crowned. Fringed with alternated gold and silver fringes coupons.