Origin and history
This regiment was raised by the Count of
Tessé in 1674 as gentlemen regiment.
Colonels-lieutenant during the seven years war were: Gabriel Augustin of Franquetot, count of Coigny from March 1748 to 27 March 1761, then succeeded him Jean Charles, marquis of Ville until 1771.
Service during the Seven Years War
The regiment joined the army of the
Hanovre. Distinguished at the battle of Hastembeck. Occupied
Minden, Hanover and Zell.
Distinctive of uniforms and saddle cloth
1750 ordonnance : Red coat, cuffs, waistcoat and lining. Red housing and holster-caps edged with a black braid. Red fatigue cap and turn-up, edged with a black braid. Black epaulet and sabre-strap.
1757 ordonnance (E.M. 1759-1760): Red coat and waistcoat. White cuffs and lining. Waistcoat with white lapel and pattelette on the sleeve of the waistcoat. White buttons.
In 1740, Lémau gave red housing,
edged with a white braid and in the angles the arms of this
office; six crossed flags embroidered.
Drummers and oboes
Drummers and oboes wore the livery of Coigny House (unknown).
Flags had a blue obverse sown with gold fleur-de-lis and a white reverse with only a scroll with a black embroidered motto "VICTORIA PINGET" in a parallel to the pole, gold fringed